Disclosure and Consent to the Electronic Delivery of Insurance Notices and Documents
When used below:
- The words "we", "us", and "our" mean the Celina Insurance Group company or companies through which you have insurance or are seeking insurance.
- "Celina Insurance Group" means The Celina Mutual Insurance Company, The National Mutual Insurance Company, Miami Mutual Insurance Company, and West Virginia Farmers Mutual Insurance Association.
- "Disclosure and Consent" means this Disclosure and Consent to the Electronic Delivery of Notices and Documents.
- The words "you" and "your" mean the user of the My Policy portion of this website to whom this Disclosure and Consent has been provided or who has otherwise accessed this Disclosure and Consent
Conditions for Electronic Delivery of Notices and Documents
- By clicking "I have read and agree with this Disclosure and Consent" you hereby give your consent to receive from us electronically all notices and documents concerning your insurance with us. Your consent extends to all notices and documents concerning your insurance with us including, to the extent allowed by law, notices of nonrenewal and cancellation.
- Notices and documents concerning your insurance will be: (i) delivered by us to the email address at which you have consented to receive such notices and documents; or (ii) posted to your account on the My Policy portion of this website with separate notice of that posting sent by us to your email address. You will need to use a valid email address and create a password to access your My Policy account. You must be diligent in updating the email address provided to us in the event that the email address should change.
- Policy documents will only be posted to your My Policy account. Once you are notified that policy documents have been posted, you are entirely responsible for viewing or retrieving those documents. At our option, we may also mail your policy documents to you.
- Access to your My Policy account will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. However, we make no warranties that your account will be accessible continuously or without errors or interruptions. Scheduled maintenance and interruptions will be announced on the login screen on the day of any unavailability of your account.
- Notifications will be considered delivered to you upon our transmission of an email to the email address provided by you.
- We reserve the right to revert back to mailing your policy documents in paper at any time and for any reason.
- We reserve the right to change or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, your My Policy account at any time, without notice, and for any reason.
- We will not be liable to you, any of your household or family members, or any third party for any damages associated with any change to or discontinuance of your My Policy account.
By agreeing to this Disclosure and Consent, you acknowledge and understand that you will receive email notifications alerting you that billing documents have been issued to you and are available for viewing in your My Policy account. If your account with us becomes past due, electronic notifications will be sent by us to the email address provided by you and paper billing notifications will also be issued by us via US mail.
Availability of Your Policy Documents
Your policy documents are only available online for 18 months from the listed process date, unless a longer period is required by law. To retain a copy for your own records, save all policy documents to your computer, print them off, or request a copy of any of your policy documents from your insurance agent. To obtain a copy of a document that is not currently listed in your My Policy account, contact your insurance agent. There are no fees associated with requesting a paper copy of a policy document. We reserve the right, but are under no obligation, to mail a paper policy document to you. We will not send you a paper copy of any of your policy documents unless it is at our option, you request it, or we are required to do so by law.
You may withdraw your consent to receive notices and documents from us electronically by signing in to your My Policy account and selecting the "Paper (US Mail)" option. A withdrawal of your consent will be effective the next business day unless otherwise required by law. The failure to provide or maintain a valid email address will be interpreted as the withdrawal of your consent to receive notices and documents from us electronically. There are no fees associated with withdrawing your consent, however, if a discount is given now or in the future for receiving notices and documents from us electronically, withdrawing your consent could result in the removal of any such discount.
Changes and Termination
We reserve the right to discontinue sending notices and documents to you electronically and/or to change the conditions under which we provide such notices and documents by electronic means. We will provide you with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
If any portion of this Disclosure and Consent is found to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, the remaining sections of this Disclosure and Consent will remain in effect.
Special Notice to Indiana Residents
The electronic delivery of an insurance notice or document under the terms of this Disclosure and Consent shall be considered the delivery of such a notice or document under Chapter 43 (Electronic Delivery of Notices and Documents) of the Indiana Code and all sections under such chapter. If you consent to this Disclosure and Consent, you may still receive a paper copy of any electronically delivered notice or document by contacting your insurance agent. There is no charge for the paper copy. If you need to update the information needed to contact you electronically, you may do so by updating your My Policy account. Your withdrawal of consent to this Disclosure and Consent does not affect the legal effectiveness, validity, or enforceability of a notice or document that is electronically delivered to you before the withdrawal is effective. A withdrawal of consent by you is effective 30 days after we receive notice of the withdrawal.
Special Notice to Iowa Residents
The electronic delivery of an insurance notice or document under the terms of this Disclosure and Consent shall be considered the delivery of such a notice or document under Section 505B.1 (Notices and documents delivered by electronic means) of the Iowa Code. You have the right to have any notice or document sent to you electronically to be made available to you in paper form. You may receive a paper copy of any electronically delivered notice or document by contacting your insurance agent. There is no charge for the paper copy. If you need to update the information needed to contact you electronically, you may do so by updating your My Policy account. Your withdrawal of consent to this Disclosure and Consent does not affect the legal effectiveness, validity, or enforceability of a notice or document that is electronically delivered to you before the withdrawal is effective. Notwithstanding your consent to the electronic delivery of insurance notices and documents, any such notice or document shall be delivered by us to you by any other delivery method permitted by law (other than electronic means) if: (i) we attempt to deliver a notice or document by electronic means and we have a reasonable basis for believing that the notice or document has not been received by you; or (ii) we become aware that the email address provided by you is no longer valid. Any delivery of a notice of cancellation, nonrenewal, or termination by electronic means shall only be made by us in a manner that is verifiable and is approved by the Iowa Insurance Commissioner by rule. If no such approval has been obtained or is withdrawn, such notices shall be delivered by mail in the manner required by Iowa law. This does not prevent us from sending a courtesy copy of such a notice electronically and, by agreeing to this Disclosure and Consent, you agree to receive any such courtesy copy we choose to send. If we elect to post an insurance policy or endorsement on this website in lieu of mailing or delivering the policy or endorsement to the insured, we will comply with the conditions set forth in Section 505B.2 (Posting of policies on the internet) of the Iowa Code. We will, upon request and without charge, deliver a paper copy of the policy or endorsement to the insured by mail.
By clicking "I have read and agree with this Disclosure and Consent" you are:
- agreeing to all of the terms and conditions set forth in this Disclosure and Consent;
- confirming that you are able to receive notices and documents from us electronically and view, print, and save such notices and documents.
If you have any questions, please contact your insurance agent or contact Celina Support at 855-586-2911 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
Last modified on 02/09/2017
PS 297 01 17